• understand that words are made up of speech sounds called phonemes.
• deepen their knowledge of speech sound production.
• learn to isolate word-initial, medial, and word-final phonemes.
• learn to segment and blend the separate sounds in a word.
• deepen their knowledge of the alphabetic code by mapping phonemes to alphabet letters.
• learn to distinguish between consonant and vowel letters.
• learn to identify the onset and rhyme of single-syllable words.
• begin to apply their knowledge of the alphabetic code to reading and writing CVC words.
© 1997-2013 Knowledgeopolis®, Inc. All rights reserved.